Author of the Harmony Run Series Sarah Elle Emm tell us 20 reasons why she loves Florida.
I’ve only been here about four years, but here we go…
- You can wear flip-flops year round.
- The same is true for sundresses or shorts.
- You never have to dig your car out of a snowdrift in your driveway.
- You can have fresh, local fish in nine out of ten restaurants.
- Shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops are acceptable attire most everywhere in Florida.
- You are always within driving distance of a beach, and that means beautiful sunsets and or sunrises, depending on which side of the state you’re on.
- It is the SUNSHINE STATE for a reason. It is rarely cloudy. And those rays improve the mood.
- It is never cold. All of you cold weather wimps, this place is for you.
- WE HAVE DISNEY WORLD.
- We have LEGOLAND. (My kids prefer this to Disney World).
- You can visit Winter, the real life dolphin from the movie Dolphin Tale.
- We have an abundance of wildlife from land to sea, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- We have an annual python-hunting contest in Southwest Florida if you’re the adventurous type. (There I go mentioning those reptiles again).
- We have airboats that will cruise you through the Everglades to see alligators and more.
- You can rent a boat or go on a guided boat tour through the Ten Thousand Islands.
- We have loads of outlet malls for all of you shopping fanatics.
- We have manatee, and you can go swimming with them in Crystal River.
- We have the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, which is worth the trip!
- We have lots of “tourist destinations”, so even if you’re local, you can throw a quick vacation together in no time. Sand in between your toes, people.
- We have excellent growing conditions, (lots of water, warmth, and sunshine), so that patio garden you always wanted can bloom something most of the year.
About the Harmony Run Series
Rare glimpses of birds are the only reminder of the freedoms Rain Hawkins once had. Now segregated into a mixed-race zone within the United Zones of the Authority, under tyrannical rule of President Nicks, Rain is forced to endure the bleak conditions set upon her. The possibility of a way out arises when Rain discovers an organized resistance called The Freedom Front, and learns that she, along with many other multi-racial people, has special abilities. Determined to overcome her situation, Rain sets out on a mission with the resistance that will fill her life with wonder, romance, and the undying hope for a better world.
Still enslaved in a mixed-race zone within the United Zones of the Authority, Rain Hawkins is part of a secret resistance preparing to take on the tyrannical President Nicks before plans to kill the mixed zones across UZTA are executed. When unsettling dreams and a mysterious voice begin to haunt the dark nights, Rain fears someone more powerful than she has discovered the resistance and their secret abilities. With a known Authority spy on her heels, and her boyfriend, Jabari, suddenly acting strange, Rain doesn’t know who to trust and if the voices calling to her are friend or foe. As conditions across all of the zones get worse and the stakes rise, Rain embarks on a quest for answers that will put the people she cares about most in more danger or take them one step closer to the truth and their eventual freedom.
In the wake of an interrogation led by the UZTA’s dictator, President Nicks, Rain Hawkins and her friends must deal with the consequences of their defiance as the countdown continues towards the execution of the mixed-zone citizens across the United Zones of The Authority. The Freedom Front faces new challenges as Rain’s cousin, Calista, prepares for her impending relocation to the pure zone, and Rain sets out to solve the mystery surrounding her mother’s torment while being followed by an officer of the Elizabeth Guard. As she uses her abilities to dodge The Authority and follows the strange clues from her dreams, Rain is determined to persevere, to secure the future she and Jabari have been fighting for, and to earn The Freedom Front’s ultimate goal of liberation.
After two members of The Freedom Front are arrested and interrogated by the UZTA’s tyrannical President Nicks, Rain Hawkins and her friends face the alarming reality that their plans to liberate the mixed zones across the United Zones of The Authority might not come to fruition. While the resistance movement is growing outside the walls of the zones, the president’s forces are strengthening and putting citizens everywhere in more peril than ever. When Rain receives warnings that her cousin, Calista, has agreed to support plans to kill the mixed zones, and that her life could be on the line at the upcoming pure zone initiation ceremony, she must decide where her loyalties lie and if all of her allies can be trusted. As The Freedom Front use their abilities to unravel the mystery of the ceremony, The Authority captures some of their friends, forcing TFF to either go into hiding, or plan a rescue mission that could jeopardize everything they’ve been fighting for.
Purchase Nacreous on Amazon
About Sarah Elle Emm
Sarah Elle Emm is the author of the Harmony Run Series, a young-adult fantasy and dystopian series, released in May 2012 by Winter Goose Publishing. (Prismatic, May 2012, Opalescent, February 2013, Chatoyant, September 2014, Nacreous, August 2015) Her debut fiction novel, Marrying Missy, was published by Bird Brain Publishing in October 2011. Sarah is a graduate of The University of Evansville, she has lived and worked in Mexico, Germany, England, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and has traveled extensively beyond. Sarah lives in Naples, Florida with her family. When she’s not walking the plank of her daughters’ imaginary pirate ship or snapping photos of Southwest Florida scenery, she is writing.
Connect with Sarah:
- 1 Winner will get a $10 Amazon GC
- 1 Winner will get Signed Copies of all the 4 Books in the Harmony Run Series
- 3 Winners will get One Signed Copy of a book of their choice from the Harmony Run Series